Terms and Conditions
How to place an order
We try to make buying goods from Black Yak an easy and enjoyable experience.
When you have chosen from our array of wonderful products, please proceed as follows;-
- Select the various options such as size and colour from the selection boxes.
- Click ‘Buy’.
- The product is then added to your basket.
- If you wish to increase or decrease the quantity simply highlight the number quoted in the ‘quantity’ box, change to the number required and then click on ‘recalculate’ to update the basket.
- If at any time you wish to remove an item from your basket simply click the 'remove' button.
- Postage cost options are given for you to choose. The basket total will automatically update it-self if a different delivery option is chosen.
- When all the options have been chosen, you can either continue to shop by clicking on ‘back’ or now is the time to click to ‘checkout’.
- New customers, please enter the details requested before continuing. A password can be created at the end of the checkout process for ease next time on ordering. Previous customers please enter your e-mail and password. Any special garment or delivery instructions can be placed in the 'special instruction' box.
- You will then be taken to the ‘payment page’ where your card details can be entered or PayPal can be chosen.
- No payment is taken until your order is ready for despatch.
- The customer will receive a ‘purchase order confirmation’ e-mail to confirm all details of your order. If you find later that you have included any wrong information please let us know by telephone 01377 217777 or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When your order is ready for despatch payment will be taken and a confirmation e-mail will automatically be sent to you confirming payment has been taken and that your order has been despatched.
- If we have any queries regarding your order we will contact you either by telephone or e-mail.
- Of course you can always telephone us with an order or come and see us in person but always let us know first as occasionally we are not here!.
Making Payment We accept all major credit and debit cards and all transactions will be charged in UK pounds. If you are shopping from outside the UK your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency. You may make payment on-line, by telephone or by post. We take the security of our customers information very seriously and all payment information is held secure using the secure payment site. We will not take credit or debit card payment for goods until they are ready to be dispatched.
Delivery All orders are subject to the availability of the goods offered. We aim to dispatch orders within 24hours of receipt of the order, subject to clearance of payment. Orders placed at weekends or Bank Holidays will be despatched the next working day with the postage service chosen at checkout. Please allow up to seven days for delivery within the UK and 21 days for non-UK addresses, although the vast majority of orders are delivered within two to three days within the UK and four to five days worldwide. For further details please refer to the delivery section which can be chosen via the buttons under ‘further information‘ at the bottom of the home page.
'Next day delivery' option means delivery will take place on the next working day i.e. orders despatched on a Friday will be delivered the following Monday or Tuesday if that Monday is a Bank holiday.
Winter is our busy busy time so please bear with us nearer Christmas as the elves will endeavour to despatch orders within 48 - 72 hours at this time as they munch through boxes of mince pies. If your order is urgent at this time of year, please let us know.
Back Orders All orders are subject to the availability of the goods offered. We will do our utmost to keep the web site stock up to date but on the rare occasion when we find that the goods that you ordered are temporarily out of stock we will contact you. You will have the option of keeping the product on back order, accepting an alternative product or cancelling the order for that item. We will always aim to give you a realistic time frame for the receipt of back orders and update you with the progress of your order.
Returns and Cancellation We don't want anybody to be unhappy about buying from Black Yak so you are, of course, able to cancel your order at any time before dispatch. If the goods are faulty in any way or we have made a mistake with the order and we are notified within seven days, we will immediately send replacement goods at our expense and refund you the cost of returning the goods to us.
If you wish to exchange any item you may do so within 14 days of receipt of the order. Simply return the item to us in perfect condition with original labels attached and we will dispatch a replacement free of charge for your first exchange. Please let us know by email or 'phone that you are returning the item so that we can sort out a replacement for you as soon as possible. Please get a proof of postage form from the Post Office or your shipper. Our returns address is: - Black Yak Ltd., Front St. Court, Middleton-on-the-Wolds, Driffield, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO25 9TZ.
You also have the right to cancel the order, without reason, within 14 days of the receipt of the order, starting the day following delivery, providing that the goods are returned to us, at your cost, in perfect, resaleable condition. You then have 14 days in which to return the order. In the case that your original order was out of stock and we supplied you with a substitute product the cost of returning the substitute item will be borne by us.
Your payment will be refunded within 14 days of the cancellation of the order. If the goods have not been returned to us within 30 days, we reserve the right to collect the goods and deduct the cost of collection from your refund.
If you have a complaint, please let us know using any of the contact information located on the ‘contact us’ page.
We take complaints seriously and do our best to fix any issue as soon as we are able. If contacted by email or post we will reply and do our best to solve anything by phone straight away.
Postage is added to the cost of the order at checkout.
If you wish to know the postage rates before you place an order please contact us and we will be happy to quote you the current postage costs.
Taxes / VAT
All relevant UK and EU taxes are included in the price. Outside the EU your government may impose other taxes and charges upon you. For more information on your local taxes and duties please contact your own customs authorities.
Black Yak Ltd does not, and will not, disclose any buyers' information to third parties. Cookies are only used on this site to keep track of what is in your basket as you go shopping and select items.
Pictures and Products
Please be aware that our products are hand made by crafts people and part of the beauty of the goods is that they are not all identical. The very nature of our products means that there may be slight differences between the picture on the web site and the goods that you receive. Please embrace this uniqueness and enjoy!
We don't want anybody to be unhappy about buying from Black Yak, so if the differences are too much for you please see the 'Returns and Cancellation' above.